36469Re: 1812 Re:Coast Guard Burns Old Fort Niagara

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Jul 9 11:30 AM
      In a message dated 7/9/2008 9:52:56 AM Central Daylight Time,
      d_squared6@... writes:

      It's that kind of planning that leads to limits on artillery firing and
      such. There will be none of that kind of forward thinking here.

      My simpathy Doug but your statement brings up something that may be of
      interest. In my old videos I have found a tape of our old Napoleonic Association
      RHA 6lber gun being fired at a Waterloo commemoration in Hyde Park at a
      sustained rate of 2 rounds per minuet. No fuss, no running about, wet and dry
      sponging between every round, all safety rules followed. The nice thing is that
      the camera is in one place and shows this procedure over a nice period of time.

      Don't want to open this particular can of worms again but if anyone thinks
      this footage might be usefull please let me know.

      Cheers,