36467Re:Coast Guard Burns Old Fort Niagara

  • Doug DeCroix
    Jul 9, 2008
      Yeah..... we have the 1839 gate slated for destruction... who needs history, as long as vehicles can get in.  'Course there won't be any history to worry about if we knock all the original stuff down (those pesky original buildings limit how many soccer fields the park can have, so they're probably next), so I guess that's a moot point.
      And.... uh.....the fire hydrants are so well concealed that evidently people who respond to web groups don't notice them....that's provided they have even been to the site.  Heaven knows the idiots that work here wouldn't think of working with local fire officials to create an emergency plan in advance of the emergency.  It's that kind of planning that leads to limits on artillery firing and such.  There will be none of that kind of forward thinking here.

      Coast Guard Burns Old Fort Niagara
      Posted by: "Gord Deans" gord.deans@...   gorddeans
      Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:55 am (PDT)
      Was the Coast Guard trying to free up more land for expansion? Was
      this a timely wakeup call for the fort's management to create some
      more effective fire access points? Should they at least install some
      "concealed" fire hydrants near all of the buildings?