36226Re: 1812 Re: Bond (OT)

  • John Ogden
    Jun 4, 2008
      I also heard something about this on NPR last week (I was a bit distracted
      at the time, having other issues on my mind). I also look forward to this
      approach. Fleming's Bond was much less fantastic or high-tech than the
      movie version, based largely on Fleming's own experiences as a spy during
      the Second World War.

      On 6/4/08, Dale Kidd <ucpm_gunner@...> wrote:
      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>, "John
      > Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
      > The screenwriters are just scrambling
      > > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
      > every Bond
      > > film made after 1975.
      > On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
      > novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
      > the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
      > this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
      > in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.
      > I look forward to checking it out.
      > ~Dale

      John J. Ogden
      Hanley School of Law