36225Re: Bond (OT)

  • Dale Kidd
    Jun 4, 2008
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
      The screenwriters are just scrambling
      > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
      every Bond
      > film made after 1975.

      On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
      novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
      the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
      this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
      in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.

      I look forward to checking it out.

      ~Dale
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic