35448Re: [War Of 1812] Other Periods

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Feb 29, 2008
      In a message dated 2/29/2008 3:01:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      todd.post2@... writes:

      JG:

      Thanks for clarifying..Thanks for clarifying..<WBR>.yes, that wou
      experience though, the guilty parties in such things are when events
      are run by sites and not reenactors (without a reenactor coordinator
      from the community) as they don't know the nuances and just want
      attendees.

      How true Todd, I have suggested to my local NPS people (New Orleans) that
      they should put some money into basic uniforms for US and Brit troops apropriate
      for the site, both as teaching tools and to encourage others to try the
      period.
      Frustratingly there is a CW cannon crew (with a US 1846 cannon which is
      almost identical to a British 1800) who are willing to do 1812 if only the
      uniforms are provided for them as they are not really interested in doing multi
      period impressions but so far the cash for the uniform (they already have all
      the gear) has not been available though the park would love to have them.

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)