35446Re: [War Of 1812] Other Periods

  • JGIL1812@aol.com
    Feb 29, 2008
      In a message dated 2/29/2008 5:21:52 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      todd.post2@... writes:

      Don't fear us "rev war re enactors" too much. We're not so bad once
      you get to know us...only sorta bad. <G>

      Great post... thanks.

      I am not afraid of rev war or silly war re enactors. As a matter of fact I
      am encouraging them to 'cross dress' and join the 1812 er's in making the bi
      centennial a big success. There are some subtle differences in the time period
      that need to be addressed to make it all work (like uniforms and drill) but
      the more the merrier in my mind.

      The one thing that does terrify me is that some event somewhere will not
      have enough "boots on the ground" so they will turn to their local rev/silly war
      unit and we'll have the US forces wearing butternut and the Brits wearing
      long tailed coats and bicorn's sending the wrong message to the public about
      the War of 1812.

      Your most humble servant,