35432Re: [War Of 1812] RE: Greying of Units & Gas Prices

  • JGIL1812@aol.com
    Feb 28, 2008
      In a message dated 2/28/2008 1:39:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      ucpm_gunner@... writes:

      <<The crux of the matter is, these and other issues need to be
      addressed, whether by the reenacting community at large, the units,
      and the individual reenactors. If we fail to deal with them
      appropriately, our hobby, and it's contribution to the historical
      education of the public, will fade into extinction.>>>

      Dale,

      That's why talking about them now and getting the ball rolling is so
      important. Doesn't matter whether you're a Brit, USasian or Native. We all need to
      start thinking of how we can make this hobby grow. My greatest fear is seeing
      "silly war" or "rev war" re enactors dressed and running the show for an 1812
      event. We want to welcome the to the time period but also help them and
      newbies into the ranks as authentically as possible without turning them away or
      off completely.

      JG/RE

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)