34637Re: [War Of 1812] British Drill Manual

  • Kevin Windsor
    Jan 11, 2008
      Not really the same drill, but it didn't really change much. They added a
      few things to it, but most of the wording is identical!
      BTW I have sent your Cpl a copy of the 1807 drill manual so bug him for it!!

      The King's Press http://www.kingspress.com/ doesn't sell it, but maybe if
      there was enough interest they would bind one?

      KW/89

      >From: "sgtsalmo" <sgtsalmo@...>
      >
      >Kevin:
      >
      >Thank you for the response. I have a cerlox bound copy but I am a
      >sucker for hard bound books.
      >
      >I recognise that a British pvt in 19th century would not have had
      >his nose in a drill manual, but my couriosity on the how's and why's
      >just gets the better of me. I am also one of the rare breed that
      >enjoys drill - just ask my pards in Civil War (I am their 1st
      >sergeant). Perfection in drill makes for a better impression.
      >
      >Is the 1834 edition that you have, the same drill but just published
      >later?
      >
      >Doug
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic