32301Re: Forage (Garrison) Caps

  • Chris McKay
    May 2, 2007
      "In fact one watercolour, which is incredibly accurate in all other
      details, shows a yellow faced regiment wearing bluish grey forage
      caps with white head bands. However they do not look as flared as
      the Cavalry pattern and there does not appear to be a torrie. This
      seems to be the pattern adopted for the infantry by 1813."

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "larrylozon" <larrylozon@...> wrote:

      > "Chris McKay" wrote:
      >
      > Larry, "... The blue pillbox style forage cap ... was the
      universal
      > pattern adopted for all infantry regiments in 1812...I'll just
      refer
      > you to the article written by Keith Raynor ...
      > http://www.warof1812.ca/foragecaps.htm
      >

      > Chris
      >
      > I must need new bifocals as I cannot find the statement
      >
      > "The blue pillbox style forage cap ... was the universal pattern
      > adopted for all infantry regiments in 1812"
      >
      > in Keith's article.
      >
      > Please advise,
      >
      > L2

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic