31918Re: [War Of 1812] Letters home

  • annbwass@aol.com
    Apr 1, 2007
      In a message dated 4/1/2007 10:26:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      westhouse@... writes:

      --- In _WarOf1812@yahoogrouWarOf1_ (mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com) ,
      HQ93rd@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 3/30/07 9:29:56 PM, westhouse@.. In a mes
      > > I am just in the midst of reading a book entitled
      > > 'Andrew Jackson the Border Captain'
      > > written in 1933 by Marquis James
      > >
      > > and was taken by the excerpts of letters sent by Andrew Jackson
      and
      > > his wife Rachel. The language and flourish was interesting as
      well as
      > > the spelling in some cases.
      > >

      > Does it end with Capn Jack rescuing her from the evil clutches of
      Danny
      > Devito and they sail off together on his new sailboat?
      >
      > Lt Col Ain't I the Persnickety One B
      > 93rd SHRoFLHU
      > www.93rdhighlanders
      > THE Thin Red Line

      Uhhhhh no. But they do get to live in an empty musty big new mansion
      with a nice new coat of white paint! :>)

      Well, no, THEY don't. She died right before he took office as President.

      Ann Wass