30833Re: 1800- british drummers beatings

  • Jack E. Pritchard
    Jan 1, 2007
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Chris McKay" <PrivateCannon@...>
      wrote:

      > This brings up an interesting question: which Regiment are you
      > planning on drumming for? That will dictate your uniform. The
      > Royals, for example, didn't have bearskins (drummers, grenadiers or
      > anybody). Other Regiments would be different, of course.
      >
      > Chris

      What! are you saying that Royal Regiments did not wear Bearskin Caps.
      All Regiments per His Majesty's Royal Warrents where to have their
      Drummers wearing bearskin caps. Now when in the field or in a far off
      land they may have used a shako because of costs of the Bearskin caps.
      When the Royal Welch Fusiliers when to Spain they stored their caps
      and use Stove pipe shakos. That said the Grenadier coy, and the
      drummers still may have worn their Bearskin caps.

      THE DRUM Hugh Barty-King
      Uniform Warrent 1802

      Cheers to you Jack

      Fusiliers in Spain 1809
      Royal Welch Fusiliers in Spain 1809 - 23rd Regiment
      Captain Jack Pritchard, Commanding - Gren. & Lt. Detactment
      Members - 1812 Crown Forces, Brigade Napoléon: Napoleonic Reenactment

      I swear to be true to our Sovereign Lord King George, and to serve
      him honestly and faithfully, in Defense of His Person, Crown, and
      Dignity, against all His Enemies or Opposers whatever: And to observe
      and obey His Majesty's Orders, and the Orders of the Generals and
      Officers set over me by His Majesty."
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic