30302Regimental Amalgamations was Coincidences of History

  • larrylozon
    Nov 6, 2006
      Chris McKay" writes:

      "… they'd be forced to wear a kilt"

      I have been emailing an X-Colonel of the King's Regiment now UK Army
      Staff about the recent amalgamation of the King's Regiment to the
      Duke of Lancaster's Regiment

      The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment was formed from the King's Own
      Royal Border Regiment, the King's Regiment, and the Queen's
      Lancashire Regiment on 1st July 2006.

      I asked him about traditions and wanting to be in a certain Regiment.

      He said' "If a soldier is uncomfortable in a regiment he is always
      free to transfer"

      Yrs.,
      L2
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic