28678Re: [WarOf1812] head of state was Isaac Brock NEEDS YOU!

  • Ray Hobbs
    Jun 7, 2006
      It is, Sir.
      To bring this back to 1812 - British-born folks were regarded as
      subjects of the king; whereas in the US folk were regarded as citizens
      of the state. This difference was very much at the heart of the fuss
      over stopping US shipping, and taking sailors off them. Being a subject
      could not change; being a citizen was a matter of choice.
      Ray
      41st