28607Re: Monthly Gun Drill

  • Dale Kidd
    May 26, 2006
      Geez, nice opportunity for the American guys to get a chance to play
      with the BIG toys! Now, can we get one of the historical sites
      operated by the Canada or Ontario governments to duplicate this
      offer for the British side? I'm sure there are a few of us who would
      love to get a shot at it (bad pun completely intended).

      ~Dale

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Buck" <saltygoat@...>
      wrote:

      > Esteemed List,
      >
      > After a couple of trial practices and receiving input from among
      some,
      > a monthly Gun Drill will be offered on the 18 & 36 lbrs on the
      Upper
      > Water Battery at Ft. McHenry National Monument & Historic Shrine,
      > Baltimore, MD, every second Saturday of each month. The drills
      will
      > be from 1:00 to 4:00.
      >
      > This is open to all American sailors, soldiers, and militia, with
      > special emphasis on building proficiency in preparation for the
      Star
      > Spangled Banner Weekend in September. If a ballpark headcount is
      > submitted a day or two before, food would be provided. If you
      have
      > questions, please contact either me or Vince Vaise at the Fort.
      >
      > These drill days will also coincide with the Guard's summer
      > interpretive season; the hours are from 11:00 until 5:00. Feel
      free
      > to come interpret with the Guard for the day!
      >
      > Hope to see you then!
      > Michael Buck
      >
      > Michael Buck
      > Senior Volunteer
      > Ft McHenry National Monument & Historic Shrine
      > 410.900.5640
      >
      > Vince Vaise
      > Chief Ranger
      > Ft McHenry National Monument & Historic Shrine
      > 410.962.4290 x233

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic