27941Re: [WarOf1812] Help with research paper

  • Chadd Vail
    Apr 1, 2006
      amen Americans outnumbering the Britts, now thats something hard to sink in, to my knowledge the British have always out number the American Army up until the French Arrive, but I have to admit we did have some help before the Frech arrived with the Native Indians and the Spanish General De Galvez I believe it was who was helping us in the West. as for what this gentlemen said about being a farb well again I have to agree Your AN IDIOT Tim do your self a favor and pick up a book called Reenactors for Dumbies I think it might help, describe the real term of Farb.

      Chadd M. Vail

      Sgt. 69th NC Infantry
      ACW Reenactor

      Craig Williams <sgtwarner@...> wrote:
      Hi Tim,

      You think he was being polite?

      Craig
      On 31-Mar-06, at 11:51 PM, BritcomHMP@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 31/03/2006 20:21:47 Central Standard Time,
      > sgtwarner@... writes:
      >
      > This one goes back a long way to the early days of AWI and US civil
      > war reenacting. It is actually an abbreviation of, "far be it from me
      > but you are an a**hole."
      >

      > I have no idea how accurate this is but in the early 70s back in
      > England I
      > had a visit from a re-enactor from the 10th Foot in the US. He told
      > me that
      > 'farb' was an acronym from a term that was used when they allowed
      > people who
      > were not accurate make up British numbers as they were usualy out
      > numbered by '
      > Americans', he said it sood for 'Fairly Accurate, Representing
      > British'
      >
      > Tim

      > hundreds of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the
      > fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

      Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      American Forces Unit Listing