      From: "Peter Monahan" <petemonahan@...>
      To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 5:31 PM
      Subject: Re: REPLY: [WarOf1812] "Why doesn't someone re-enact the '37
      Rebellion?"

      > Gord
      >
      > For the open field part we'd have to go a leedle furder north - like King
      City! (Ironically, or perhaps not, "King City" - 40km/25miles n of C of
      Kn.Universe - is mostly fields.)

      > Ian - was the timing thing a reference to our election, or just the
      weather? :7)

      > From: "Gordon Deans" <gord.deans@...>
      > Date: 2005/12/05 Mon PM 04:39:01 EST
      > To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: REPLY: [WarOf1812] "Why doesn't someone re-enact the '37
      Rebellion?"

      > Peter;
      >
      > What a great scenario. Imagine the entire line scattering across an open
      field shouting "Run away! Run away!". And think of the public crowd, all
      better armed than the re-enactors, with some of them getting carried away
      and "poppin' caps in the air" (or worse).

      > The re-enactment would go down in history as the "Yonge Street Races".
      Hoo-Aahhh! I love the smell of black powder in the morning.

      > Isn't it great to be Canadian.
      >
      > Gord Deans, Royal Navy [1812-14]
      > In winter quarters on the Upper Thames, Upper Canada
      Yonge Street in Toronto and are met by Loyalist volunteers who begin firing
      at them. When some of the rebels kneel to fire their weapons, the men at
      the back believe they have been shot and flee in panic, prompting the
      collapse of the entire rebel column. It is an auspicious beginning to
      William Lyon Mackenzie's rebellion in Upper Canada."
      > Peter Monahan

      square miles...

      > Peter Monahan
      > petermonahan@...