25305Re: American LIghts

  • machewr
    Jun 2, 2005
      Yes, I was curious about this, too. Been reading Smyth's regs of 1812 and he mentions
      two companies of Grenadiers with each battalion. I fear I am still in research 101 and
      hopefully can glean the expertise of this group.

      Were the Grenadiers distinguished from the regular line companies in any way, in uniform,
      function and the like? Were they detached and converged into "light" battalions? Did they
      do any skirmishing like the lights of the British battalions? Or were they indistinguishable
      from the line companies?
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic