24924Re: [WarOf1812] Bellydance

  • PEGGY Mathews
    May 2, 2005
      And let us not forget the influence of those coming from or going to India.
      Exotic/erotic dance was imported from there, though not necessarily for
      "polite" society. I'm thinking of the demure Becky Sharpe(?) from Vanity
      Fair as an example. ;-) Been too long since I read the book, but the movie
      certainly had an entertaining dance sequence.

      Michael Mathews

      "The opportunity for brotherhood presents itself every time you meet a human
      being." - Jane Wyman

      (snip)
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic