24894Re: [WarOf1812] Battle of Austerlitz, December 2005

  • PETER CATLEY
    May 1, 2005
      I respect ypu right to your views on the matter, I
      just don't share it, however there is nothing to be
      gained in a prolonged animated discussion, after all
      we have the basic options :-)

      Cheers

      P**

      --- BritcomHMP@... wrote:
      ---------------------------------

      In a message dated 4/30/05 5:02:52 PM,
      peter.catley@... writes:

      > Perhaps celebration was the wrong adjective to use
      but
      > it is not intended as a specific re-enactment of
      > Austerlitz, rather like Mississinewa isn't a
      > re-enactment.

      Ah but Peter, Mississinewa is NOT a bicentennial, and
      not even on the actual
      date. I believe that Martin does have plans, or at
      least is looking seiously
      at, having a one off re-creation of the actual thing
      for the 200th in December
      and only featuring Insians and US cavalry.

      Back when we started Napoleonic re-enacting (35 years
      ago) one of the dreams
      we looked forward to was re-creating the battles on
      the 200th anniversaries.
      Personaly I have no objection to all sorts of
      anacronistic troops being there
      at any other time but that people can't be bothered to
      get something correct
      toether for the 200th anniversary of such a great
      event, or that the organizers
      would permit it, strikes me as pathetic, sorry but it
      does.

      The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the
      fate of hundreds of square miles: in North America,
      hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square
      miles...

      Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      American Forces Unit Lisiting