24763Re: [WarOf1812] State Militia flags?

  • Brian Howard
    Apr 8, 2005
      Ed,
      I am working on the units that were at Hampton as I
      type this. They were under the command of a Major
      Stapleton Crutchfield of York county, Virginia. Need
      to piece the units together in one list but it appears
      Crutchfield's command was known as the 1st Virginia
      Regiment and was considered part of the Norfolk
      command under General Robert B. Taylor. Taylor's
      headquarters just happened to be at Fort Norfolk.

      More to follow.

      Brian Howard
      2nd Virginia Regt.

      http://mail.yahoo.com