22519facial hair

    Sep 1, 2004
      From: <suthren@...>

      My understanding is that facial hair in British service
      ... could not be worn below a line from the corner of
      the mouth to the earlobe, with the exception of
      pioneers and Chelsea Pensioners.

      ------------------------

      Question:

      If the Chelsea Pensioners in 1812-1815 were in the British Army on
      half pay,
      would they not come under the Army Regulations of shaving every three days?

      I have not seen period images of Chelsea Pensioners with facial hair.

      Those more qualified with the Royal Warrants may want to answer my question.

      For those interested in this matter
      visit:
      http://www.chelsea-pensioners.org.uk

      Yrs.,