21626Fort Meigs Weekend

  • Ed Seufert
    May 31, 2004
      The Royal Marines would like to express their appreciation to the Ft Meigs staff and organizers for a great event. As it was our first foray to the west of the Appalachians, it was good to meet and put faces to names of so many personages of this group.

      Thank you Drums for "Portsmouth"; thank you Rev. Pollard (aka Hobbs) for the service. (Everyone thanks Mr Windsor for NOT reading the Articles of War!)

      I would also like to thank the Crown Forces Staff for allowing us to portray Royal Marine Artillery on Sunday and to Peter Twist for allowing us to use the Ft York gun. Though we have done artillery before, this was the first time we were able to take a gun into action as the RMA.

      But I would be remiss if I did not express my sincerest thanks to those who's genuine concern was shown and expressed to me during my mini crisis on Sunday afternoon. To those who were knowledgable and concerned, the hospital tests revealed no serious problems for my wife other than she may have been having a re-action to some medication she had just started using a couple of weeks ago. She is feeling fine today. To all, the Ft Meigs staff and the staffs of the U.S. and Crown Forces forces were able to track me down within 15 minutes of receiving a phone call from my family in Baltimore. How's that for efficiency.

      Again thanks to all and hope to see all of you again in some future event.

      Ed Seufert, Cpl
      1812 Royal Marines