21614Re: Fort Meigs week-end

  • Ross Flowers
    May 31, 2004
      Your kind words of "The Drums, Crown Forces" is very much appreciate
      Ray. WE also had a great time. Wonderful opportunity to meet new
      people and greet old friends. See you all soon.

      Drums

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <ray.hobbs@s...> wrote:
      > On behalf of the 41st Regiment of Foot I would like to express my
      deepest appreciation for an excellent
      > week-end at Fort Meigs.
      > To the site organizers, the Crown Forces Staff, the US Staff, the
      regiments present from both side, that
      > amazing artillery, the cavalry - and, of course, those excellent
      fifes and drums who sound wonderful - a
      > great Huzzah. I sincerely apologise if any are left off this list.
      > His Excellency, General Pickles' horse pooped in the 41st Street,
      and I wish to assure him it was not
      > taken personally. Our indomitable Pioneer Woods cleaned up the mess
      without a fuss.
      > The battle choreography in such a good expanse of ground, with
      movement of regiments, wings and
      > detachments was a thrill.
      > All in all a very memorable. A toast to all.
      > Ray Hobbs
      > CO 41st Regt
      > Hamilton, Ontario
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic