20490Re: [WarOf1812] M & C

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Feb 1, 2004
      In a message dated 2/1/04 6:31:48 PM, ray.hobbs@... writes:

      > Richard, the military advisor, told me that there was one mistake with the
      > wearing of red trousers for the
      > 7th Hussars, rather than the green which would have gone with the jacket
      > worn. the reason was that
      > the green trousers had been used the day before in a rainstorm, and were
      > still wet!!!!

      Well, as I recall, the general was a 'General of Division' (two lines of gold
      embroidery & 2 stars on the eps) but has a general of Brigades sash (shot
      through with blue not red). But it was a magnificent film ans one where the
      technical advisor and costume designer knew their jobs and were allowed to do them.
      If only they were all so good!

      Timothy Pickles
      1100 Rue Chartres
      New Orleans