20487RE: Re: [WarOf1812] M & C

  • ray.hobbs@sympatico.ca
    Feb 1 4:30 PM
      Brian;
      In the interview with Ridley Scott (it was his first feature movie), he mentions that the whole thing was
      done for $900,000, and with a cast of 20-30 extras.
      Richard, the military advisor, told me that there was one mistake with the wearing of red trousers for the
      7th Hussars, rather than the green which would have gone with the jacket worn. the reason was that
      the green trousers had been used the day before in a rainstorm, and were still wet!!!!
      Just shows, though what can be done with a director intent on making an historically accurate movie.
      Others in this style are "Vatel", and "Ridicule" - earlier period, but excellent.
      Ray