18878Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Archives

  • dancingbobd@webtv.net
    Aug 30, 2003
      Hi Gord,

      Having been on this list for about 3 years, I have seen the umbrella
      groups topic flogged for days on end. You either think they are
      terrible or great. Seems to be no middle ground. It has come up al
      least twice in the three years and nobody, I mean nobody ever changes
      their mind. Flaming occurs. It ain't a pretty sight. If some of us
      are strongly against rehashing a topic which is divisive and often
      brings out the worst in list members, we do not mean to quash questions.
      I am just not up to the aggravation of going through the arguments and
      insults again and again and again.

      It is great to have interested people join the list. Whether they are
      experienced or brand new to the hobby I encourage them to ask questions.
      As previously said, the list members have a great wealth of knowledge
      and are quite willing to share it.

      Regards,

      Bob Dorian
      USA