18871Archives

    Aug 30, 2003
      From: "Robert R. White, Esq." <whiteesq@...>

      Mr. Moderator - do you really think that "newbees" to the list will go
      through what my computer shows to be an archive of 18,868 entries to
      find a simple answer to a question

      If you have the info why not just share it?

      ---------
      Pvt. White,

      I assume you are addressing me as I posted the email you refer to.

      I am NOT Mr. Moderator rather Mr. "ASSISTANT" Moderator.

      As for archive of 18,868 entries I do believe there is a search engine to
      ferret out a topic.

      and finally I do believe as the description of this group states:

      " forum for discussion of all aspects of the War of 1812-14 ....
      this list is primarily designed to facilitate easy communications for
      RE-ENACTORS"

      If research is required I must state that this list is very good at sharing,
      even tho some Subscribers who share their knowledge are professional
      researchers who do charge for their expertise. But give it freely on this
      group ... I believe that is called "working for nothing" which most of
      us do not do ..........

      I do believe the original emails I responded to were actually comments
      that they didn't want an Umbrella Group and they were not going to
      drink their Coke out of a period vessel if they did not want to and that
      asking a question was not allowed on this list

      Those of us on this list for a while also know that the wealth of knowledge
      contained within this list's subscribers supersedes any research library on
      the
      planet.

      A little work by one who wants a question answered is a small price to pay
      for the answers found at the list web site archives.

      And as my 2 cents cannot be compared to your USA currency
      (1 Canadian Dollar = 0.72171 US Dollar)

      I of course bow to your wisdom, and agree,
      who the hell do I think I am to think that "newbees" to the list will look
      in the archive to find a simple answer to a question, when all they have to
      do is ask on the list .............

      Without prejudice or tact,
      (as for tact, I tells it as it is)

      Larry Lozon