18655Re: flash guards

  • John
    Aug 4, 2003
      Flash guards and frizzen covers (hammer stalls) are required by
      most/all F&I events. The frizzen cover is well-documented as a
      standard French musket accessory. Not sure about the Brits for that
      time period.

      "Have Charleville, Will Travel"

      John, 2d Michigan Militia Co'y

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Gord_1812" <gord_1812@y...> wrote:
      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@n...>
      wrote:

      > > From: "Gord_1812" <gord_1812@y...>
      > >
      > > " ...Yes Rev war events seem to really push the flash guard and
      > hammer
      > > stalls.
      > > so why does the rev war crowd put them? "
      > >

      > > LL: because,
      > >
      > > as Ed Bolla writes: "Most sites require ........ them so
      > just live
      > > with it"
      > But that isn't the way they did it.
      >
      > Gord
      >

      > > ----------------
      > >
      > > From: "Gord_1812"
      > >
      > > "And is there actually documentation on hammer
      > stalls? "
      > >
      > > LL: Gord,
      > > there is no documentation for polyester,
      > > but units wear clothing at events made
      from
      > it ...
      > Yes some don't have deep pockets.( we do what we can to be correct)
      > I once had a polyester red coat but quickly set aside funds for a
      > wool one when it was pointed out that polyester coat would stick to
      > skin if cartrage box should go up in flames. Wool offers a lot of
      > protection from just such a fire.
      > Gord
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic