18296Re: [WarOf1812] Proper US National Colors Etiquette

  • Brian Howard
    Jul 3 8:57 AM
      Steve,

      Great information. I recently was able to obtain a
      copy of Smyth's 1812 regulations for infantry and it
      details dropping the flag with the point reseting on
      the ground for saluting. Obviously this means that
      the national and regimental colors will be on the
      ground. At Fort Norfolk we use a garrison color on
      the size of 8' x 10'.

      Brian Howard
      2nd Virginia Regiment, 1813-1815

      http://sbc.yahoo.com