18275RE: [WarOf1812] Re: spam stopper.

  • David Randle
    Jul 2 5:09 AM
      Sioux

      http://www.trolltrapper.com/

      It appears that downloading an "unregistered" copy is free, but that version
      will protect the first e-mail address it finds only. If you want to register
      which will allow you to protect all e-mail addresses it will be $24.95,
      presumably in US funds.

      David Randle

      Sioux says...

      There is a wonderful piece of software called "Troll Trapper" that you
      can get -- it uses a little java script that scrambles the e-mail
      addresses on websites before they are uploaded so that spambots don't
      see the addresses, yet they appear in their proper formats, can be cut
      and pasted as necessary, and can work as "mailto" forms for the average
      (non-spammer) user.

      Check Google for the Troll Trapper website (I am in the midst of a major
      download at the moment or I would have done so before posting this) -- I
      am under the impression that this is freeware.

      Cheers!
      -- Sioux
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic