18016Re: [WarOf1812] Ft. George

  • Susan Spencer McLean
    Jun 9, 2003
      David Webb wrote:

      >--Sutlers to relocate outside the fort to a shaded area? This was
      >suggested last year, and I am certainly open to this, but we will need to
      >map out a suitable location. Security might be a bit of a concern.

      Yes, please -- this came up in several discussions over this past
      weekend. In general, the sutlers have missed the bulk of the people who
      turn up for the battles because they're outside the fort and we're
      inside (sometimes locked in). Being somewhere that they can easily
      access us before and after the battle would be most appreciated.

      Of course, there are two other concerns for us -- we don't want to be so
      far away from the re-enactors that they don't come to visit (witness the
      first Battle of Georgian Bay), and as you point out, there is a security
      issue after hours. I'm not sure how to address either of these -- is
      there perhaps a spot that's in good view and easy access on the road
      side of the fort, while being not too far a walk from the camps? Could
      your security folk perhaps add a loop to their evening rounds while
      we're there?

      -- Sioux
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic