17599The Invasion of Fort William - Flood Damage

  • Antoine Landrieaux
    Apr 25, 2003
      To all,

      At about 2:00 a.m. on Monday, April 21st, the Kaministikqua River overflowed it's banks in a flash flood near Pointe de Meuron.

      Fort William Historic Park suffered extensive damage at that time. Repairs are estimated to run in the millions of dollars.

      As I type this, the engineers are preparing a report to submit to the ministry.

      Because of the damage, Fort William will be closed until sometime in June.

      I regret to say, this means that the event scheduled for the 31st of May and 1st of June, the Invasion of Fort William, has been postponed.

      I appologise for any inconvieniance this has caused.

      I wish to thank all of those who took an interest in the event. We are very sorry that we have had to put the event on hold.

      A new tentative date has been scheduled for June 12th, of 2004. I expect to have a firm confirmation next week, as soon as the computers dry out and the power is back on, at the fort.

      In the meantime, I wish to invite all those who did register, to be our personal guests at the 200th Anniversary Rendezvous, at Fort William Historic Park, from the 11th to the 14th of July, 2003.

      If you are interested in attending, please contact me at landrieaux@... for more details.

      With thankfullness and appologies,

      Your most humble and obediant servant,

      Jim Keigher