17279TV & Video: slightly OT

  • PEGGY Mathews
    Feb 28, 2003
      In my job I get listings of programming, intended for educators, that is
      commercial free. For your possible interest and videotaping experience,
      here are some titles vaguely related to our topic and/or hobby. Insert
      smiley faces to my comments as your desires and biases necessitate.

      The Crossing: Captain Crunch rides again as George Washington crossing the
      Delaware. March 11, 8:00am Eastern and 2:00pm Eastern. Also March 23 at
      1:00pm Eastern. Arts and Entertainment Channel (A&E).

      Frontier: Legends of the Old NW - All on The History Channel.
      Roger's Rangers: Glorified brigands at work. March 24, 6:00am Eastern.
      Pontiac's Rebellion: Why not five years before? March 25, 6:00am Eastern.
      Long Knives: George Rogers Clark battles nature and the British in 1777.
      March 26, 6:00am Eastern.
      Tecumseh: A lost dream. March 27, 6:00am Eastern.

      Lewis and Clark: A Scientific Journey. Chronicles journey by uncovering
      more than 600 historic campsites. Discovery Channel, March 17, 9:00am
      Eastern.

      Not commercial free -- Napoleon. An A&E original movie premiere. April
      8th, 8pm Eastern. Don't know anything about it so can't comment whether
      it's movie drivel or something of substance. Stars Christian Clavier,
      Isabella Rosselline, Gerard Depardieu and John Malkovich. "He was a master
      of war and peace. His struggle was with love." (Their words, not mine, but
      probably indicative of drivel.)

      Check local listings for variations, may not be available in all viewing
      areas. Since it's for educator use, there are copyright limitations ranging
      from "fair use" to two years. I leave it to you to determine.

      Michael M.

      "We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we
      must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes