17084Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Congreve Rocket Battery

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Feb 1, 2003
      In a message dated 2/1/2003 8:28:17 AM Central Standard Time,
      pimpernel77@... writes:

      > .
      > Now for getting something to shoot, I have
      > wondered about this myself. You might have to use some
      > sort of Special effects/pyrotecnics to do this. See
      > the movie "Gettysburg" where they have the lit shells
      > flying over the troops.Something like that might be
      > possible, particularly for, say, a night bombardment
      > simulation a la St. Michaels, Md. in 1813.

      Some may have seen the rockets piece on 'Mail Call'. This was shot a few
      years ago in England for a History Channel show call 'Rockets' (surprise
      surprise) but the interview with Mark Dennis was not used. The rockets were
      constructed by Mike Crawshaw using Pringles crisp (chip) boxes. They all flew
      remarkably well, as did the originals when not shaken up by land transport.