16843Re: 1812 stroller

  • gord_1812 <gord_1812@yahoo.com>
    Jan 3, 2003
      I have an idea.

      Take a modern stroller. Replace the wheels with really small spoked
      wheels. Replace the handle/push arm with two sticks. replace the
      cover with muslin. Replace The under carrage with two planed
      boards and run the axels for the wheels through them. Replace the
      main body/bed with a flat pice of board. Place the baby on it. What
      do you have? A period Baby on board! :P

      Gord

      > Ooo heavens no! a pram (perambulator) is a MUCH more elaborate
      device hardly
      > ever seen today. The push chair is the British equivalent. A pram
      is not for
      > toddlers but for babies and is a bed on wheels, big wheels at that.
      We used