16769Re: 1812 stroller

  • celer_et_audax_7_60th <fullerfamily@spri
    Jan 2, 2003
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@n...> wrote:
      > From: <fullerfamily@s...>
      >
      > > Now as to whether these should be allowed at 1812 reenactments in
      use
      > > by participants....aaaaah..fuhgeddaboudit- this is an issue
      nobody
      > > can win. One would either be labelled "mean-spirited" or
      > > "inauthentic", depending on one's stated point of view.
      > ____________________
      >
      > Dear RF
      >
      > As you and I are 'Brothers-in-Arms' in the Rev Time
      Period,
      > we both know that no modern 'Rug-Rat-Pusher' is allowed used by
      > re-enactors at a British Brigade, Continental Line or Brigade of
      the
      > American Revolution event.
      >
      > Larry

      Bro Larry,

      allowed at BB/CL/BAR events they are not, yet, turn up (along with
      beards....)they still do. The usual excuse is that if the woman
      wasn't allowed to bring along the modern stroller/pram/buggie for the
      sprogs, said man would not have been allowed to participate for the
      weekend. "She Who Must Be Obeyed", and all that...

      I've learned in this hobby to turn a blind eye to what the ....
      everybody else is doing and, instead, just concentrate on my own
      unit. Frankly, if others outside the group want to deck themselves
      out in muu-muus made of Tim Horton mugs and carry their babies around
      in modern haybales on garbage can lid wheels, with pizza boxes for
      sunshades, I'm long past caring. My idea of fun at a reenactment is
      not chug-a-lugging Maalox, fuming over somebody else's foibles. Life
      is too short.

      Besides, they wouldn't listen anyway.

      RF
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic