      From: "john harris" <jharris@...>
      To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "Doug DeCroix" <d_squared6@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 7:09 PM
      Subject: [WarOf1812] Fort Niagara Event

      > I would like to take this opportunity to thank Doug DeCroix and His staff
      for a very enjoyable weekend . A great time was had by all my company. I had
      people from as far away as Colorado, the Toledo OH. area, and the GTA up
      here, portraying the 42nd Grenadier Company. Yes we were not in this country
      during the war, but it's a shame that so many of the regular participant's
      couldn't/ wouldn't come to it!
      > We normally portray the 19th US and 25th US Infantry during the majority
      of the reenactment season. This is one of the few times of the year that we
      get to play on the other side, too bad our company with 12 muskets was HALF
      THE BRITISH BATTALION. Now don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful to the
      British Command for allowing us to play on their side, but where was
      everyone else? For us Canadian's, we were crossing the border with a threat
      of labour action. If you believed the media hype, I guess that's why you
      weren't there. Too bad, you don't require tent's ( unless you choose to like
      some people did), you get fed, ( hey, anytime I don't have to cook I'm
      happy), you get to reenact a battle on the exact site, doing the exact
      actions, in the same time frame. It was a short nasty action, yes it's not
      December, but that may come some day soon.
      > To everyone who did come to the event, I'm sure you had a good time. To
      anyone who didn't make it, I urge you to mark it on you calendar for next
      year. The last weekend of September 2003, the same it has been for at least
      the last 5 years. Give it a try, what have you got to lose?
      > Regards John Harris
      > 25th US
      > 42nd RoF

      square miles...