15704Fort Niagara Event

  • john harris
    Oct 1, 2002
      I would like to take this opportunity to thank Doug DeCroix and His staff for a very enjoyable weekend . A great time was had by all my company. I had people from as far away as Colorado, the Toledo OH. area, and the GTA up here, portraying the 42nd Grenadier Company. Yes we were not in this country during the war, but it's a shame that so many of the regular participant's couldn't/ wouldn't come to it!
      We normally portray the 19th US and 25th US Infantry during the majority of the reenactment season. This is one of the few times of the year that we get to play on the other side, too bad our company with 12 muskets was HALF THE BRITISH BATTALION. Now don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful to the British Command for allowing us to play on their side, but where was everyone else? For us Canadian's, we were crossing the border with a threat of labour action. If you believed the media hype, I guess that's why you weren't there. Too bad, you don't require tent's ( unless you choose to like some people did), you get fed, ( hey, anytime I don't have to cook I'm happy), you get to reenact a battle on the exact site, doing the exact actions, in the same time frame. It was a short nasty action, yes it's not December, but that may come some day soon.
      To everyone who did come to the event, I'm sure you had a good time. To anyone who didn't make it, I urge you to mark it on you calendar for next year. The last weekend of September 2003, the same it has been for at least the last 5 years. Give it a try, what have you got to lose?
      Regards John Harris
      25th US
      42nd RoF