15475HMS Detroit

  • lenthecooper
    Aug 19, 2002
      Hello Listoids,
      While listening to the CBC Saturday morning, I heard that the HMS
      Detroit was being launched at Wheatly Ont. Apparently it will be
      ballasted and rigged near Amhurstberg a bit later and the organizers
      are expecting to make a big noise about it, including the escort to
      the official launch by USS Niagara.
      Has anyone more information/ websites/ news releases about this? Is
      anyone we know involved, ie escort to the officiating party etc?
      It could be good media coverage.
      Just thinking...
      Cheers,
      Len