13180Re: Musket Explosion

  • cplwattie
    Jan 4, 2002
      Tut tut Pte Avery: you of all people should know the perils of relying on police press releases for things like spelling or correct
      ages.
      Combine that with a reporter whose sole experience handling a weapon was watching a Clint Eastwood movie and I think it's
      entirely possible that the firearm in question could've been anything from a Brown Bess to an 1860s-era breech loader....

      > If the weapon was 150 years old and a rifle, isn't it likely it was
      > not a flintlock at all but a percussion model? Most journos on
      > smaller papers these days are young females who don't know much about
      > the nuances of firearms.
      > T.Avery
    • Show all 39 messages in this topic