      From: Roger Marsh
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 12:42 PM
      Subject: [WarOf1812] Re: Reenacting in the UK

      Kevin and Peter,

      Since she is primarily interested in Naval re-enactment of the 1812
      era, you might also direct the good Deb to HMS - the Historical
      Maritime Society - who, although not specifically based in Kent and
      with a considerable proportion of their membership further North
      within easier reach of the "Leda" - group frigate "Trincomalee" which
      they are associated (sister- ship to Broke's "Shannon", still afloat
      in Hartlepool), nevertheless have members all over Britain and re-
      enact in various places (e.g., nearer my locality, Hampshire, at
      IFOS, Portsmouth, last August). They are likely to be in operation
      sometimes at Chatham Historic Dockyard, Kent, I would surmise;
      anyway, she can ask.

      They are very, very knowledgeable on naval life of the period and a
      good crowd of people; I had the honour of interacting with them in my
      persona of Pellew in 1801 at IFOS, particularly when escorting His
      Britannic Majesty GIII around his royal Dockyards.

      Website at: http://www.hms.org.uk/,

      Regards,

      Roger Marsh

      --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Peter Catley" <peter.catley@b...> wrote:
      > Of course, there are a number of units based around the
      Gillingham/Chatham