1155Re: rifled flintlocks in the UK

  • mmathews@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    May 6, 1999
      (snip)
      >In regards to the French forces or "Evil Empire" at Fort York, I hear they
      >are going to set up speakers on the field so when the "Evil Empire" forces
      >deploy on the field they can play Darth Vader's theme music.
      >(yah I know it was a bad joke but what the hell, isn't there a new Star
      >Wars movie coming out?).

      I'm laughing! Just so long as the second tune is "Le Chant du Depart" or
      something along those lines.

      One of the funniest things I ever saw was at an F&I event. The very
      realistic, but highly unpopular British commander was strutting about with
      his men when some Jacobite Highlander started playing Lord Vader's theme on
      bagpipes! Thought I was gonna die. I don't think his cup ever ran dry all
      weekend.

      En avant,
      Michael

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      "Wit is educated insolence." -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic