11153Re: [WarOf1812] Re: The Letter "J" in the alphabet

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Jun 5, 2001
      In a message dated 6/5/2001 9:19:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
      agottfre@... writes:

      << I wonder if this is some academic affectation
      that comes from the fact that there is no 'j' in Latin. >>

      I think you could well be right Angela, that is was considered the same
      letter even though it is written differently and pronounced differently!
      Of course this affectation does not affect the usage in everyday written
      language one jot.