10972Re: Frigates join the Fleet

  • Roger Marsh
    May 8 6:25 AM
      Very interesting, Robb, thanks for that one to add to my collection
      of historic replicas at sea or in build; a nice little topsail
      schooner, somewhat reminiscent of the lovely "Pride of Baltimore" or
      the superb French "La Recouvrance".

      Well, Sir, if I ever get "Atalanta" to sea, I shall have to fire a
      Bow-Chaser, shott'd, to Bring her Too, if I can catch her!

      You may be interested in another 1812 privateer on which I have in
      fact sailed, this one a French cutter, the Malouin "Le Renard";
      details at the site of L'Association du Cotre Corsaire,

      http://www.saint-malo-gallery.com/cotre/

      I had the pleasure of helming her back into St-Malo last August, at
      the tiller with all square canvas set as we ran into the harbour at
      sunset, loosing off a shot from one of the larboard carronades as we
      passed the old fort, by way of a signal. Magic.

      Regards,

      Roger Marsh

      --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Robb Jackson" <robbjackson@m...> wrote:

      > Greetings Roger,
      >
      > I thought this would be of interest to you as well as the rest of
      the
      > group. An actual ship being built for 1812 living history.
      >
      > http://www.privateerlynx.org/living.htm
      >
      > Robb Jackson
      > Marine Guard 1812
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic