Re: Thanks

  • yapha99
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2004
      Thanks so much. I just brought him back today. Yay! :))))

      (We couldn't take one more day of hospital food)

      Se ya all later

      -- In WangGuhn@yahoogroups.com, cathy burt <catburt28@y...> wrote:
      > WOW!!!!!! Holy cow!
      >
      > Well, we're glad to have you back & feeling better.
      >
      > yapha99 <yapha99@y...> wrote:
      > Hello and thanks for all your well wishes. My son (age 12) was a
      very
      > sick puppy for a long while. He started getting sick the end of
      > January and we thought it was a GI flu. He would get better and
      then
      > worse and then better and then worse. We didn't know what to think.
      > We were sure it was the flu, but then he was getting so sick that
      we
      > thought it might be colitis. He was up all night this past
      Wednesday
      > and Thursday, and then by 6:00 am Friday morning we took him to the
      > ER. We found out by 9:00 that he had a ruptured appendix with a
      > grapefruit-sized mass that had walled itself off, and that's what
      > really saved him from ending up in the intensive care unit.
      >
      > Thank God he didn't end up needing emergency surgery, but he's
      going
      > to need surgery in about 7 weeks to take out the appendix. They
      gave
      > him morphine for about 1 1/2 days, and by tomorrow he will have
      been
      > on 4 full days of IV antibiotics. Then he needs to be on IV
      > antibiotics for the next 2 weeks after that, but they are going to
      > let him go back to school even with a PQ line in his arm. We
      thought
      > intially that he was going to have to miss 4 weeks of school and
      need
      > a tutor, and that was freaking all of us out. Long story short,
      he's
      > eating, has no fever, and is doing great. He's getting discharged
      > tomorrow morning, and he will come home to a room with balloons and
      > whole neighborhood that can't wait to see him. I'm exhausted,
      > emotionally and physically, but I can't say it's the first crisis
      > that has happened to this family, so the feelings that go along
      with
      > this kind of thing are not entirely new. But, yes, nerves and
      > feelings have been raw and I sure am looking forward to getting
      back
      > to my normal self and normal routine. Again, thanks for all your
      > support. Even though I don't know any of you, it still helps to
      know
      > when others care.
      >
      > I know this is "off topic," but i just felt I had to bring closure
      > all of this. Thanks for listening.

      Service.

      > Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online
    • Sonya
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 4:40 AM
        Thank for the reply. We did see Dawn of the Empire after Wang Guhn, and it is a logical choice since it follows in the order of events. Then, Iron Empress which gives a lot of historical information also. Thanks again! Sonya