1 member, 3 messages added in the last 7 days
A forum to discuss Washington & Old Dominion Railroad history, request modeling information, and reminisce about its life and times. The group has information to share on the railroad. Join for a day and stay for as long as you like. The Alexandria, Loudoun & Hampshire Railroad (AL&H) started life in the mid-1800s and became a branch of the Southern Railway. The Great Falls and Old Dominion RR began construction in 1903. The owners of the Great Falls line leased the Southern Railway branch and then incorporated the W&OD (W & OD) in 1911. The line was finally bought by the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway (C&O). The group is also discussing historical and modeling items of the Washington-Virginia Railway and its predecessors.
- Trains and Railroads
- Apr 22, 2007
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.