Bike Safety

  • Paulthuneman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2011
      Several discussions going on about bike safety in our community. As Kat and I sit on the side of the road waiting for someone to pick us up after we both crashed, I am thinking about defensive biking and having respect for all that comes with cycling. Kat and I did not plan to wreck today. It happened when we were both not respecting what we were doing. Not paying attention and focused on the task at hand. Both are ok but hitting the pavement always makes you stop and think. How could I have avoided this? What was I not paying attention to? How were the others In The group riding? All things I pay attention to when behind the wheel of a car and driving defensively.

      Today I have new respect for the pavement. Especially the pavement in Kats knee.

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Tommy Steed
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2011
        Glad you both were OK with no major injuries.  I always carry a first aid kit when backpacking, so lacking one today made me feel woefully inadequate to assist.  Time to consider a few basic items for the blowout bag, like 4x4 gauze pads, roll gauze, antiseptic wipes, tape.  I'd love to hear what others carry.

        Sent from my iPad