Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 
  • Back
  • About Group

  • Join Group
No activity in last 7 days

Group Description

Welcome to “WUC” the WAIKIKI 'UKULELE CLUB!

Our meetings are held at Queen Kapiolani Park on the island of Oahu in the beautiful area of Honolulu called Waikiki. We meet every Wednesday morning from 10:00 a.m. until about 11:30 a.m. at the old golf course Club House across the street from #3840 Paki Avenue. The area is served by the #2 route city bus.


We welcome 'ukulele players of any skill level. As we play only from music, the music is provided free of charge to those who attend the sessions. Those unable to attend regular meetings will find many of the songs on this site under the heading: FILES.

Unlike other groups around town, the melodies in our song book are only about 25% Hawaiian style. The remaining 75% are drawn from oldies, gospel, bluegrass, country, pop, Broadway hits, movies, old favorites, hymns, and more.

We include some teaching at every session including such topics as: strumming techniques, timing, chord progression, transposing, expression, and more. We encourage all of our members to join in singing each and every song. Yet, we encourage solos but with all members supporting the soloist by singing and playing their 'ukuleles in the background. Hula dancing is also encouraged.

MEMBERSHIP TO THIS GROUP SITE IS FREE. In order to use the features of this site, one must become a member. Just click on JOIN THIS GROUP above.

At the present time, Stan Jackson is the leader of this group.

Group Information

  • 53
  • Ukulele
  • Sep 10, 2011
  • English

Group Settings

  • This is a public group.
  • Attachments are permitted.
  • Members cannot hide email address.
  • Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
  • Membership does not require approval.
  • Messages are not moderated.
  • All members can post messages.

Message History