Net today

  • kc0kbh
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 2, 2005
      Hi,
      There will be a WWYN today. I will be participating in the contest
      this morning, whenever I get around to coming up with a better PTT
      system, but I will be running the net today at 1900z on 21.305 MHz.
    • brent smith
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 2, 2005
        im going to hanging around 21.305 about 30 mins till the net, if
        anyone wants to talk, im here

        Message 3 of 16 , May 14 7:21 AM
          Just a reminder, net today at 1700 on 21.305, if this solar flare is
          not leaving the bands dead again. Hope to see you there.
        • Tim/othy W8LBO
          Message 4 of 16 , May 14 11:23 AM
            Oooops, I was on at 1800z.  I called you then gave a quick call for check-ins, no wonder nobody was on :)
            73,
            Tim W8LBO

            kc0kbh <YaesuVX7R@...> wrote:
            Just a reminder, net today at 1700 on 21.305, if this solar flare is
            not leaving the bands dead again.  Hope to see you there.

            Please check-into the .275 Youth Group on 7.275 MHz +/- QRM at 0100z every Saturday evening.  Webpage, www.n5eil.741.com;  e-mail newsletter:

            Yahoo! Mail Mobile

          • kc0kbh
            Message 5 of 16 , May 15 7:46 AM
              Forgot again! I was in town at the time, but it could have waited for
              the net. I am so sick of forgetting. Gotta set my pager's alarm. I
              am thinking of moving the time again, but it will work in summer. I
              also had another idea, the RGYN, or Rag Chew Youth Net. I am thinking
              of maybe sometime on a Friday or Saturday night (although any day
              would work in summer) on 80. That could be a division of the WWYN, or
              it could be a totally separate net. What do you think?

              --- In WWYN@yahoogroups.com, Tim/othy W8LBO <w8lbo@y...> wrote:
              > Oooops, I was on at 1800z. I called you then gave a quick call for
              check-ins, no wonder nobody was on :)
              > 73,
              > Tim W8LBO
              >
              > kc0kbh <YaesuVX7R@m...> wrote:
              > Just a reminder, net today at 1700 on 21.305, if this solar flare is
              > not leaving the bands dead again. Hope to see you there.

              > Please check-into the .275 Youth Group on 7.275 MHz +/- QRM at 0100z
              every Saturday evening. Webpage, www.n5eil.741.com; e-mail newsletter:
              > the_275_youth_group@y...
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Yahoo! Mail Mobile
            • w8lbo
              Message 6 of 16 , May 16 9:27 AM
                Good idea. I don't know of any youth nets on 80-meters. Or you
                could start a roundtable group.
                Also, I was thinking maybe we could start the Youth Missionary
                Fellowship group, or something like that, to promote interest in
                global missions. Or we could start a daily Youth Christian Fellowship
                group. We could meet weekdays in the early morning on 40 meters.
                What do you think?
                73 es 99,
                Tim W8LBO
              • kc0kbh
                Message 7 of 16 , May 17 5:10 AM
                  Well, I am not the most religious person in the world. Maybe keep it
                  to a roundtable on 80.

                  --- In WWYN@yahoogroups.com, "w8lbo" <w8lbo@y...> wrote:
                  > Good idea. I don't know of any youth nets on 80-meters. Or you
                  > could start a roundtable group.
                  > Also, I was thinking maybe we could start the Youth Missionary
                  > Fellowship group, or something like that, to promote interest in
                  > global missions. Or we could start a daily Youth Christian Fellowship
                  > group. We could meet weekdays in the early morning on 40 meters.
                  > What do you think?
                  > 73 es 99,
                  > Tim W8LBO
                • kc0kbh
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 17 1:44 PM
                    Although, it may be a good idea, since it would further promote ham
                    radio, and missionary type things, and I would get to talk some more.
                    ;) I am having a heck of a time trying to type ever since I got my
                    finger caught in the steering of a mini bike yesterday. I got a deep
                    cut on my right middle finger, and I cut my fingernail about half way
                    down and about half way accross. Still hurts. But, I think I will be
                    sticking to voice instead of PSK for the next week or two until it
                    grows back enough to type fast.

                    --- In WWYN@yahoogroups.com, "kc0kbh" <YaesuVX7R@m...> wrote:
                    > Well, I am not the most religious person in the world. Maybe keep it
                    > to a roundtable on 80.
                    >
                    > --- In WWYN@yahoogroups.com, "w8lbo" <w8lbo@y...> wrote:
                    > > Good idea. I don't know of any youth nets on 80-meters. Or you
                    > > could start a roundtable group.
                    > > Also, I was thinking maybe we could start the Youth Missionary
                    > > Fellowship group, or something like that, to promote interest in
                    > > global missions. Or we could start a daily Youth Christian Fellowship
                    > > group. We could meet weekdays in the early morning on 40 meters.
                    > > What do you think?
                    > > 73 es 99,
                    > > Tim W8LBO
                  • Tim/othy W8LBO
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 17 4:52 PM
                      Youch, sorry to hear about that.  Is that the mini bike you were asking about on QRZ?  I can see how that'd goof up the ole psk hand.  Anyway, the net idea I thought you guys might like to think about.  I don't have an antenna for 80 meters, but if you do the net there, best of luck on it.
                      73 es cul,
                      Tim W8LBO

                      kc0kbh <YaesuVX7R@...> wrote:
                      Although, it may be a good idea, since it would further promote ham
                      radio, and missionary type things, and I would get to talk some more.
                      ;)  I am having a heck of a time trying to type ever since I got my
                      finger caught in the steering of a mini bike yesterday.  I got a deep
                      cut on my right middle finger, and I cut my fingernail about half way
                      down and about half way accross.  Still hurts.  But, I think I will be
                      sticking to voice instead of PSK for the next week or two until it
                      grows back enough to type fast.

                      --- In WWYN@yahoogroups.com, "kc0kbh" <YaesuVX7R@m...> wrote:
                      > Well, I am not the most religious person in the world.  Maybe keep it
                      > to a roundtable on 80.
                      >
                      > --- In WWYN@yahoogroups.com, "w8lbo" <w8lbo@y...> wrote:
                      > >      Good idea.  I don't know of any youth nets on 80-meters.  Or you
                      > > could start a roundtable group.
                      > >      Also, I was thinking maybe we could start the Youth Missionary
                      > > Fellowship group, or something like that, to promote interest in
                      > > global missions. Or we could start a daily Youth Christian Fellowship
                      > > group.  We could meet weekdays in the early morning on 40 meters.
                      > > What do you think?
                      > > 73 es 99,
                      > > Tim W8LBO

                      Please check-into the .275 Youth Group on 7.275 MHz +/- QRM at 0100z every Saturday evening.  Webpage, www.n5eil.741.com;  e-mail newsletter:

                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                    • kc0kbh
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 17 5:31 PM
                        Are you saying you don't have a wire!?!?! And a tuner?

                        Anyway, yes, same minibike. Awesome thing. Not as rugged as an
                        enduro, but I still like it, even though it is my brother's. My mom
                        though I should let it air out, so I took the band aid off, and it
                        does not look as bad as when it first happened. I hardly remember it
                        now, I was so shocked. But, should be able to drive the mini bike in
                        a couple weeks. After quite some time of searching for parts, a guy
                        in Ireland contacted me, and it turns out he sells parts for the mini
                        bike, and a few odd japanese motorcyles and dirt bikes from the '70s
                        made by the same company. He has a nice website, and it appears he is
                        trustable. Along with all the other parts that I need, he is throwing
                        in a used carb for parts and a front brake cable. If the clutch on it
                        works, the thing should go about 30-40 when finished. Those little
                        "mini choppers" are no match for this thing.

                        --- In WWYN@yahoogroups.com, Tim/othy W8LBO <w8lbo@y...> wrote:
                        > Youch, sorry to hear about that. Is that the mini bike you were
                        asking about on QRZ? I can see how that'd goof up the ole psk hand.
                        Anyway, the net idea I thought you guys might like to think about. I
                        don't have an antenna for 80 meters, but if you do the net there, best
                        of luck on it.
                        > 73 es cul,
                        > Tim W8LBO
                        >
                        > kc0kbh <YaesuVX7R@m...> wrote:
                        > Although, it may be a good idea, since it would further promote ham
                        > radio, and missionary type things, and I would get to talk some more.
                        > ;) I am having a heck of a time trying to type ever since I got my
                        > finger caught in the steering of a mini bike yesterday. I got a deep
                        > cut on my right middle finger, and I cut my fingernail about half way
                        > down and about half way accross. Still hurts. But, I think I will be
                        > sticking to voice instead of PSK for the next week or two until it
                        > grows back enough to type fast.
                        >
                        > --- In WWYN@yahoogroups.com, "kc0kbh" <YaesuVX7R@m...> wrote:
                        > > Well, I am not the most religious person in the world. Maybe keep it
                        > > to a roundtable on 80.
                        > >
                        > > --- In WWYN@yahoogroups.com, "w8lbo" <w8lbo@y...> wrote:
                        > > > Good idea. I don't know of any youth nets on 80-meters.
                        Or you
                        > > > could start a roundtable group.
                        > > > Also, I was thinking maybe we could start the Youth Missionary
                        > > > Fellowship group, or something like that, to promote interest in
                        > > > global missions. Or we could start a daily Youth Christian
                        Fellowship
                        > > > group. We could meet weekdays in the early morning on 40 meters.
                        > > > What do you think?
                        > > > 73 es 99,
                        > > > Tim W8LBO

                        > Please check-into the .275 Youth Group on 7.275 MHz +/- QRM at 0100z
                        every Saturday evening. Webpage, www.n5eil.741.com; e-mail newsletter:
                        > the_275_youth_group@y...

                        > http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • kc0kbh