Web Services Interop Plug-fest - 6-8 November 2007

  • Doug Bunting (WSSP)
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2007

      Web Services Interop Plug-fest – 6-8 November 2007

      Microsoft Corporation would like to invite you to a 3-day Web Services Interop Plug-fest on Tuesday November 6, 2007 to Thursday November 8, 2007 from 09:30am to 5pm each day.

      The Interop Plug-fest is an ad-hoc, open forum for companies who have implementations of various Web Services protocols to meet with engineers from the Connected Systems Division and test against the upcoming version of Microsoft's Windows Communication Foundation / .NET Framework 3.5 products.

      Plug-fest attendees should bring their own laptops, their implementations and any other tools they feel would be useful. Scenario documents are available to attendees of the plug-fest before the event, and progress of interoperating implementations will be tracked throughout the event. An internet connection will be available during the plug-fest.

      The focus of these plug-fest meetings is on interop testing, so no feedback will be taken on the WS-* specifications themselves. As a result, there is no requirement to sign any feedback agreement or other legal agreement before attending this plug-fest.

      This plug-fest will be held at the Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA – see full address details below.

      Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks will be served, but participants will be responsible for their own dinner arrangements on most if not all evenings. Please make any special dietary requirements known in advance, and every effort will be made to accommodate them.

      This plug-fest event is open to anyone who desires to participate and who can bring an implementation to test interoperability with Microsoft's Windows Communication Foundation product in any or all of the following areas:

      • Basic Messaging Scenarios using protocols: SOAP (1.1, 1.2), WS-Addressing (2004/08, 1.0), MTOM
      • Message Security Scenarios using WS-Security (1.0, 1.1), WS Secure Conversation (2005/02, 1.3), WS-Trust (2005/02, 1.3), Username Token Profile (1.0, 1.1), X509 Token Profile (1.0, 1.1), SAML Token Profile (1.0, 1.1), Kerberos Token Profile 1.1.
      • STS - Security Token Service scenarios
      • Reliable Messaging using WS-ReliableMessaging (1.0 (2005/02), 1.1)
      • Transactions using WS-AtomicTransaction (1.0 (2004/10), 1.1) and WS-Coordination (1.0 (2004/10), 1.1)
      • WS-Policy (1.2 (2004/09), 1.5) and WS-MetadataExchange (2004/09) are included in several scenarios

      Scenarios documents and online test endpoints are provided to help preparation for the event at http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/ Please let me know the scenarios of primary interest to you at this event.

      In addition, Microsoft plans to extend the available scenarios to better cover the ratified specifications and to address requests we’ve heard from you. We’re pleased to say the CardSpace “experiment” in July was successful enough for additional product teams to propose new scenarios or new implementations of old scenarios for testing at this event. More as we get the information onto http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/Please let me know of additional areas you believe need test coverage as soon as possible.

      In addition to the usual interop testing, we may also do further detailed chalk-talks like the July event’s discussion of how to implement CardSpace support within any product that supports WS-Trust. Please let me know if you have particular areas where you’d like such a deep dive.

      If you are interested in participating, please reply to Doug Bunting (mailto:douglas.r.bunting@...).

      We also recommend you join the WS-Builders@yahoogroups.com discussion group and use it for any questions around scenarios documents and WCF endpoints.

      Feel free to pass this invitation along, either in your company or elsewhere. This is an open forum. No invitation is required, but an RSVP is appreciated by the event hosts to facilitate accurate logistics planning. The list of attendees and general plug-fest results will be made public after the event.

      Thank you and we look forward to your participation.

      Doug Bunting

      Microsoft Corporation

      WCF Plug-fest Interop Endpoint

      http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/

      Advanced Web Services Interop Discussion List

      Location Information:

      Microsoft Platform Adoption Center (Building 20)

      http://msdn.microsoft.com/events/pac/

      Street Address:

      3709 157th Avenue N.E.
      Redmond, WA 98052

      Phone: (425) 706-0020

      Location Map:

      http://members.microsoft.com/careers/mslife/locations/images/campus_map.jpg

      Nearest Airport: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)

      Hotels

      Below are details of some hotels close to the Microsoft campus.

      http://msdn.microsoft.com/events/pac/hotels/default.aspx

      http://msdn.microsoft.com/events/pac/map/default.aspx

      Driving Directions:

      http://msdn.microsoft.com/events/pac/directions/default.aspx

      More information

      Initial discussion of the scenarios for this meeting and follow-up discussion can be found on the WS-Builders discussion list